The Writing Institute offers free virtual writing days for graduate students throughout the year. The days are designed to help writers feel a sense of community as we cope with current events and work in support of our professional goals. They are open to any students who have participated in a one-day Project Workshop or a 5-day Project Camp. Eligible participants are notified via our listserv.
- Our writing days include Zoom check ins, and you will be able to make an appointment to talk to someone about your process if you wish.
- In addition to the writing days, we maintain a Team site for the group, so if you want to check in or out each day for some accountability for your writing time, you can.
The writing days will run from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. our time. We understand that you may have other responsibilities right now or you may be in another time zone, so you are welcome to jump in at any point during the day. The days will be structured like this:
- 9:00 Meet, share goals for day, make a goal for next 2 hours
- 9:30-11:30 Writing time
- 11:30-noon Follow up on how the session went...goals for next writing block (after lunch)
- 12:00-1:00 Lunch or whatever takes you away from the screen
- 1:00-3:30 Writing time
- 3:30-4:00 Follow up conversation, resource and strategy share
Facilitators are available for individual consultations with you on your writing. These consultations will take place during the writing blocks. To arrange for this, contact us prior to the 9 a.m. start of the writing day to schedule a time.